R history. Your future.
Right from the very start the R1 was developed without compromise, and this pure and focused design philosophy is what makes this high-tech race-bred Yamaha the most exciting supersport bike of our time.
Every piece of advanced technology on the R1 has been developed using the knowledge gained from Yamaha's involvement in racing at the highest level. The remarkable 998cc 4-cylinder EU5 crossplane engine is a direct descendant of the M1 unit – while the aerodynamic bodywork comes straight from racetrack development.
But above all, it's the R1's incredible array of smart electronics that make this bike so very special. Equipped with everything from a ride-by-wire throttle through to a Launch Control System (LCS), Engine Brake Management (EBM) as well as Brake Control (BC) and much more, this is the ultimate Yamaha supersport that is built to lead the way on the road and track. And it comes in a sporty new duo-tone Icon Blue with matte blue colour scheme, as well as the dynamic Yamaha Black option.
- Aerodynamic M1-style bodywork
- High-efficiency 998cc EU5 engine
- High-quality finish with new duo-tone colouring
- 43 mm KYB front forks
- Brake Control (BC) system
- Engine Brake Management (EBM) system
- Next generation LED headlights and position lights
- Ride-by-wire APSG throttle
- Launch Control (LCS) system
- High-friction brake pads
- TFT instruments with EBM and BC displays